Evil Eye Choker
The Evil Eye is a popular amulet symbolizing protection against bad luck and a negative vibe.
Featuring an evil eye pendant paved with zirconia stones, coin disks and tiny Swarovski crystals. This Necklace adds an elegant touch of sparkle that's subtle enough for everyday wear and fancier occasions.
- Material: 14k Gold Filled Chain, Sterling Silver Chain, Coin disks, Swarovski crystals
- Pendant: 18k Gold-Plated and Silver Plated Pendant.
- Closure: Lobster Clasp
- Length: 14" + 2" Extender
- Handcrafted in Canada
We choose to work mainly with 14k gold-filled because it allows us to offer top-of-the-line quality at an affordable price. Since the gold is mechanically bonded to the base rather than plated, it can’t rub off.
Gold-filled is second only to solid gold in terms of quality and is the best affordable option for durability and longevity. It has an outer layer of 5-10% 14k gold over brass that consists of at least 1/20th of the jewelry’s total weight. Gold-Filled jewelry is perfect for everyday wear. With proper care, it can last a lifetime!
*Please be cautious if you have an allergy to brass as our gold-filled jewelry still contains this metal. Your skin may react.
Some of our pendants are 14k gold plated or in vermeil. Vermeil is made from a sterling silver base whose surface areas have been coated or plated with 22K to 24K gold that is at least 2.5 microns thick.
14K /18K GOLD PLATED
Some of our pendants are 14k gold plated or in vermeil. Gold plated jewelry is a very light layer of gold - 0.05% actual gold or less - on top of a base metal (usually brass or copper). The thin layer of gold is plated onto the base metal to create gold plated jewelry. We do not recommend exposing it to any liquids or chemicals for prolonging the longevity of the piece!
Sterling silver is a combination of metals that is 92.5% silver and 7.5% alloy. This 7.5% is usually made of copper or zinc. The primary purpose of mixing silver with other materials is that a small percentage of copper in a silver product gives the silver some additional strength and durability.
Fine silver, when in its pure state, can be easily damaged. Sterling silver still looks just as good as fine silver, which means you can get affordable, timeless pieces for a lower price.
Our jewelry is handcrafted with love and made with 14K Gold-Filled, Sterling Silver and Vermeil materials. Here at Jada Jewels, we want to be sure that your piece has a long life. Here a few tips to ensure that:
Here a few tips to ensure that:
- To increase your jewelry's longevity & luster, remove your jewelry before showering, swimming, or if you know you will be sweating a lot.
- Avoid harsh chemicals, such as chlorine in pools & hot tubs, lotion, oils, perfume and hairspray.
- Avoid sleeping in your jewelry to prevent unnecessary wear and tear.
- Always store your jewelry in a safe, dry place where it will be free of tangling and knotting.
- 14 karat gold-filled, have a tendency to oxidize (turn black) when exposed to oxygen and light. To help prevent this when not being worn, always keep your jewelry away from light, air & moisture to prevent oxidation.
- To keep your piece in the best shape, simply wipe the piece down with a soft cloth after each use.
- To clean them, wash with water and unscented soap.